Sunday, October 29, 2006

Greetings from Minnesota!

We're in town for the game and have been here since yesterday. We had a really bumpy ride and I couldn't get on the ground fast enough! We went to the Mall of America this morning and headed back to the hotel in the afternoon to watch football and await the team's arrival.

I got a big kick out of seeing the coaches watch the Indy/Denver game on TV in the lobby.. and many of the players interacted with their families before grabbing a bite and heading into meetings. I'm past the starstruck stage in my fandom and watched from afar. I do talk to the guys that I know though and got hugs and spoke to Jarvis Green and Lonie Paxton for a couple of minutes.

Guys were coming in and out but it was a rare occurance to even spot Tom Brady in the lobby... usually he's nowhere to be seen but he had a big group of family members there so he was down greeting them for a bit. This hotel is not over-run with fans looking for autographs so it's not necessary to put up ropes and the players feel comfortable spending time down here without being accosted.

I was lucky enough to come off the elevator and run into Tedy!! (also someone who you rarely see on the road) but he was heading down to get his food. He gave me a hug and even told me that he's liking the website! I wished him well and spoke for a couple of minutes while we walked.

There's nobody around now so they're likely in their meetings and then will retire early.

Oh yah... Joe Theismann has been sitting down here in the lounge watching football all afternoon! :-)

Go Pats!!

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know, how were the coaches reacting to the Indy /Denver game, or could you tell?

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I couldn't really tell because I was in the lounge and they were huddled around a TV in the lobby but I will tell you that when Adam lined up for that FG they were talking to each other....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home