Sunday, December 31, 2006

Farewell 2006...

Greetings on this the final eve of 2006! I'm sitting here in Nashville in the hotel lobby with Erdoboy who is also blogging away on his laptop while Bama and Big Al are smoking their final cigars of the trek (yeah, right!)...
It was a great trip; relaxing and delivering a Pats victory which is the best part of course! At the game, it poured buckets right up until half time and I was thankful for ponchos and for the very warm temperatures. So, sitting there in 65 degree weather getting wet is much different than a cold 35 degree soaking. It actually felt like a September game at home. Like our first trip here in 2002, the fans were very hospitable and friendly. The most obnoxious people that I encountered at the game happened to be Pats fans... (who started their New Years Eve partying early...) Pats closed out the game 40-23 and dashed the Titans hopes of sneaking into the playoffs this year... We just got the word that we'll be playing the Jets on Sunday at 1:00!! Yippee!!! My favorite game time!!
Rather than head out, the 4 mini-trekkers ate at the hotel restaurant then retired to our respective posts... (Ed and I on the couches and Al and Bama outside to smoke...) where we'll contendly remain for the rest of the night, until it's time to head up to prepare for our 6:40 flight.
I still can't believe that this year has flown by so quickly... It's been a year of change as well as a year of some constants. For each I am thankful for they are intertwined into the intricate being of me.... Each event and circumstance has contributed to where I am right now.. I am a very lucky person and I'm very blessed with the life that I have. In fact there are so many things that I believe we all take for granted. We each can find some blessings if we truly look, listen and reflect. Here's good place to begin:
You are so blessed
And while I have done so many things in 2006, there is so much more I want to do, read, learn, love, and live! Happy 2007 Everyone!
crossposted in 25th hour and patriot world

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home